Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shelter: A Solo Shisan

Shelter

On this quiet night
Under the moon's silver light
People are dreaming

As Devas offer guidance
In the silence of a glance

A possum freezes
In the headlights of a car
That brakes just in time

***
"It makes a big difference,
All that new insulation."

While folding laundry
She makes plans for tomorrow
And for the next week

"I'm sorry you can't make it.
That's OK. Another time."

***
For him it's a song,
Even after all these years,
The sound of her voice

Mingling with a steady wind
And the falling plum blossoms

Starlings are in flight
During the long, slow sunset
Clouds of red and gold

***
She begins her second job,
The bills just keep coming in

The weather report:
At least five more days of heat,
And no rain in sight

In an abandoned building
A runaway finds a home


Best wishes,

Jim

2 comments:

Julie said...

AW Thank you!!!

I would quit w/o your comments.

Rengajim said...

You're welcome. When I figure out how to do it I'll list your blog as a link. I'm kind of a technopeasant, so it will take me awhile.

Best,

Jim